Research Shows the Latest Soaring Trends in Solar PV and Solar Energy Installations
Interested in finding out the latest trends in solar PV and the solar power, heating, and cooling market? Get the executive summary of the latest quarterly SEIA/GTM Research U.S. Solar Market Insight™ for free. Available beginning today, the U.S. Solar Market Insight reports national solar trends in the top 20 states, including demand, average system costs, component costs, and manufacturing production. Projections for the next five years are also included by technology, market segment, and state.
Here are a few amazing stats to “brighten” up your day:
- PV installations grew to 109% in 2011 representing 7% of all PV globally.
- Installation totals in 2011 increased in 18 U.S. states.
- Weighted average PV system prices fell 20% in 2011.
- More than 61,000 individual PV systems were installed in the US in 2011.
- Overall, the value of systems installed in the US in 2011 climbed to $8.4 billion.
According to the report, the top 10 states leading the nation in solar PV installations in 2010-2011 were:
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
The full report is available for individual purchase or as part of an annual subscription with steep discounts for SEIA members. Find out more now.